Store returns policy
Guest Return and Exchange Policy
Zales.com is dedicated to delighting you with your jewelry purchase and our services. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return your item based on our Guest Return and Exchange Policy.
- Returns and exchanges are permitted within 60 days from the purchase date for jewelry; and within 30 days from the purchase date for watches.
- Jewelry must be in good condition with all original certificates and accessories.
- Watches must be unworn, unaltered and in original condition to be accepted for return or exchange. All packaging, instructions and warranties, as applicable, must be included with the return or exchange of a watch.
- Returns or exchanges not allowed on customized jewelry, special order watches, class rings and engraved items.
- Cash refunds are issued to original purchaser with original sales receipt.
- Cash refunds over $200 are made by check issued from the corporate office within 21 days.
- Charge credits are issued to original purchaser on the account to which the item was charged.
- Gift returns with receipt can only be exchanged or converted to a gift card.
- All returns without a receipt can only be exchanged or converted to a gift card at current price, minus any current promotional discount.
Zales.com provides you with two easy methods of returning an item:
Returns by Mail
Please note that items purchased at a Zales or Zales Outlet store may NOT be returned by mail to our distribution center.
Here are the basic steps:
- If there is damage to an item upon delivery, call our customer service center immediately at 1-800-311-JEWEL (5393) for assistance.
- Please read the information on your original packing slip.
- Pack the item securely. Use the original package, if possible. Enclose the original or a copy of the packing slip.
- If you do not have your original packing slip, please provide us with your name, address, phone number, email address, and order number.
- All return shipping charges must be prepaid. We cannot accept C.O.D. deliveries.
- For your protection, we recommend that you use FedEx, UPS or Insured Parcel Post for your return. Ship the return package to the address indicated on the packing slip:
901 W. Walnut Hill Lane
Irving, TX 75038-1003
- Keep the Return Tracking Number from the package you are returning to ensure that the package is returned to our distribution center.
- You can expect a refund within 30 days of our receiving your returned product. Refund will be credited to the same form of payment used in your original purchase.
Returns to a Zales or Zales Outlet Retail Store
Please note the following exceptions:
- Items purchased through our exclusive Design Your Own program must be returned to the Online Store and cannot be returned in any of our fine jewelry retail locations. A pre-paid FedEx Label will be provided upon request.
- If you made your purchase using PayPal, Bill-Me-Later, e-Gift Card or the combination of a gift card with a credit card, your items must be returned to the Online Store. If you did not receive a pre-paid FedEx label in your package, please contact 1-800-311-JEWEL (5393), and we will provide you with the appropriate label for your return.
Here are the basic steps:
- Place the item securely in the original package.
- Enclose the original packing slip with the item. If you no longer have the packing slip, bring a copy of your ship confirmation email or online purchase receipt displayed during checkout.
- All products must be returned in good condition, in original boxes, and with paperwork (such as watch instruction booklet or diamond certificate) and accessories to ensure a full credit.
- Take the package to any Zales or Zales Outlet retail store.
- The store associate will process your return. Refund will be credited to the same form of payment in your original purchase. Please allow 30 days for the credit to appear on your billing statement. Please note that your original shipping and handling or other additional costs will not be refunded, unless you received a damage, defective, or incorrect item.